Sunday, February 22, 2015

Ideas for my Future Classroom



I would like to teach Kindergarten. I would like for the desks to be placed in groups so that the children have a chance to socialize and so that I can more easily assess students. I like the idea of having two bathrooms inside of the class; one for boys and one for girls. The bathrooms will be located in the back of the classroom to reduce disruptions. The white board will be at the front of the classroom.  The coat cubbies will be placed under a countertop so that the students can easily access their cubbies. In my classroom, students will have many opportunities to work and play both independently and with each other. Social Emotional Learning (SEL) will be promoted in my classroom.

 
The picture above displays the major areas that make up Social and Emotion Learning. My goal will be to implement centers in my classroom that foster the social and emotional needs of children. I want children to know that they are strong enough and smart enough to learn and make good choices!
 
 
 
 
I would like to have an area where students can examine how they are feeling. This will help them to become self aware and ultimately encourage the them to manage their emotions.
 
                                                    krazyforkindergarten.blogspot.com
 
I like the idea of having a big rug for group gatherings or circle time. This can be where the students gather for calendar time, read alouds, group activities and class discussions.
 
 
I want my classroom to be organized and have the games and manipulative materials accessible to students.
 
 
One of the literacy centers will be a pocket chart where students can practice CVC words.
 
                                                        happyclassrooms.blogspot.com 
 
In the reading area, I would like to have bean bags, pillows, and a couch (if there is enough space). I want children to feel comfortable while they read. I would also like to allow children to use their imaginations. A puppet theater will be included in my classroom. Technology will be implemented into my classroom with a computer station.
 
 
In my class, learning will be centered around play and discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment